Skip to main content

Jose Mourinho rubbishes claims he wrote six-page letter to Manchester United 

Jose Mourinho
Jose Mourinho's camp have firmly denied claims that the former Chelsea manager wrote a six-page letter to Manchester United stating his case to become the club's next manager.

The Independent on Sunday claimed that former Chelsea manager Mourinho has sent United the letter in which he outlines why he would be a suitable fit for the position, which is currently occupied by under-pressure Dutchman Louis van Gaal.

However Jorge Mendes, Mourinho's agent, strongly denied the existence of the letter.
“It doesn’t cross anyone’s mind that a manager such JosĂ© Mourinho is writing letters to clubs, asking for a job," said Mendes in a statement. "It’s ridiculous and absolutely nonsense.”


According to the report, Mourinho explains in the letter how he would be prepared to adapt his style of management to suit the demands at Old Trafford, and how he would seek to overhaul the squad.
The 52-year-old Portuguese's fondness for United is well known and he has been linked with the job before, but United chose David Moyes to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson in 2013 and Van Gaal to come in a year later.

As well as two spells at Chelsea, Mourinho has previously bossed Porto, Inter Milan and Real Madrid.


After he departed Chelsea before Christmas, Blues coach Steve Holland predicted Mourinho would want to soon be back involved in the game at the highest level.

"He's a guy who needs and wants football," said Holland. "There will be clubs and big clubs who will want him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raphael Varane to Manchester United Close

In the next few days Manchester United will be submitting an official bid for Real Madrid defender Rapheal Varane. Personal terms between Varane and United is good as done. Real Madrid is asking for €50 million while Manchester United believe a deal can be done for less than that figure. Will Rapheal Varane be good signing for Manchester United? Let hear your comment.

Transfer stories from other newspapers and websites

Arsenal   target   Henrikh Mkhitaryan   won't be signing a new deal at Dortmund and is keen to sign for   Manchester United   . (Bild) Victor Valdes   could return to Manchester with   Man City   after being released on a free by Manchester United. (The Guardian) Former Manchester United winger   Nani   has agreed to join   Inter Milan   on a three-year deal from Fenerbahce. (Record) VfL   Wolfsburg   are one of three teams interested in signing   Liverpool   defender   MartinSkrtel . (The Express)

La Liga is Back!

Sevilla Fans outside the stadium Spain's top-flight becomes the second major European league to resume after the Bundesliga ahead of the return of the Premier League next week. Spain's La Liga resumed on Thursday evening with 'El Gran Derbi' as Sevilla beat Real Betis 2-0 in front of an empty Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium. After an uneventful first half Luis Ocampos, who was by far the best player on the pitch, gave the hosts the lead from the penalty spot on 56 minutes. And the Argentinean winger was involved in the second just six minutes later as his lovely flick found Fernando to double the lead. Sevilla celebrates their lead The result sees Sevilla move to within six points of second place Real Madrid having played a game more, while Betis remain 12th. La Liga had been suspended since March 10 due to the coronavirus crisis, but the Spanish government recently decided the conditions were safe enough for football to return after the country enforced one of the strictest lo...